Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A kiss on the hand might be quite continental,

but a grill pan is a girl's best friend. Of all our wedding presents, I think the one I use most is my grill pan. Now, that's not to say that I don't LOVE my kitchenaid, but my kitchenaid is more like that sexy black dress you have in the closet. You pull it out for all your special occasions because you know it makes you look good and it always works. My grill pan on the other hand is like that worn in pair of jeans that you live in. Everyday.

I think one of the reasons I love my grill pan is because I'm lazy. Too lazy to wait for our grill's coals to heat up. Too lazy to wait for chicken to bake in the oven. But with the grill pan, a couple a minutes on the stove top and I have plump, healthy, flavorful chicken. (Or steak, or pork chops, or veggies, or portabello mushrooms) I especially love the grill marks that make it look like it I slaved over it. Tonights dinner was marinated in some homemade salad dressing (olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic). I served it with some "southern rice" and edamame. Easy peasy - but you wouldn't know to taste it! And all thanks to *drumroll* the grill pan.

2 comments: