Pages

Friday, June 15, 2007

In the Words of the Infamous Cole Porter

It's Too Darn Hot. Seeeeriously. Now that I'm back to running outside I can definitely feel it. I run pretty late, after I'm done studying, and its STILL hot. I've determined it must stay hot until the sun sets, and I don't really want to be running in the dark. Not with the coyotes, and the creepos (not that I've seen either, but I've heard they exist and who am I to question).

And there's nothing better to beat the heat than a nice cool drink. And by drink I mean something with alcohol. This is the PERFECT summer drink because it has the key ingredients of summer: limes and mint. Honestly, I'll drink anything with limes in it - Margaritas, pacificos, gimlets, collins, tonics......limes are the best! And mint is sooo cool and summery. This drink uses vodka, which normally Jon isn't too thrilled about, but with all the other great flavors he agreed this was the perfect way to end a hot week.

Here's my little secret, this recipe is supposed to serve 6 people, but when I put it in our giant pilsner glasses it served just the two of us. Does that make us alcoholics? The spinning room tells me it might.



Kate's Summer Kiss
4 limes
2 cups mint leaves
1 can condensed limeaid, thawed
2 cups vodka
2 cups sparking water

Directions:
1) Combine sliced lines, muddled mint leaves, limeaid and vodka in pitcher.
2) Refrigerate 1 hour
3) Add water
4) Serve in glasses filled with ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment