Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday Runday: Runnin' In The Rain






I'm not a hard core runner.  You know the type.  They're like the postal service.  Neither rain, nor sleet, nor wind, nor hail....

That's not me.  I do not enjoy running in the rain.  I try to avoid it at all costs.  In fact, this is the first weekend that I haven't run in.....I can't even tell you the last weekend I didn't run!  But sometimes it's unavoidable.

Like the time I was on a 10 mile run, and it started raining at mile 7 or 8 - when I still had miles to go.  And I cried as I ran.


Or the time I met with friends and it started raining right when we arrived, so we decided to go to the nearby airforce base that had a gym.  Only it stopped raining when we got there, so we headed off to run around the base, and it started raining when we had about 2 miles to go.  I didn't cry that time, even when we were drenched.


Or last weekend, when we started our run in the rain.  SDMom said she felt especially sweaty, and I had to remind her that it probably was more rain than sweat.  But it cleared up about halfway through the run. 

I don't have the same problem with cold, but there's just something about being wet I don't enjoy. And if that means I won't get my induction into the runner's hall of fame, then so be it.

If you're looking for tips on how to run in the rain, you've come to the wrong place.  But if you have any good ideas, short of the little umprella hat, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment