So as usual I am terrible at planning. For some reason, everytime I have people over I make far too much food. Enough food to feed 3 to 4 times as many people as I've invited. I blame my fabulous mother who taught me that the ultimate crime of entertaining is for guests to leave hungry. In the process of making enough food to feed the Czech Republic, I got worn out. And when it comes to desserts, I had made from scratch cookies, and from scratch brownies, but I just felt that it wasn't enough. Plus, where was the fruit? But I was tired, so I cheated. I used the "No pudge" brownie mix from Trader Joes to create this masterpiece. Luh-Hay-Zee! But I just didn't have the energy to do much more than combine yogurt and powder. Heck, I didn't even chop up these gorgeous pieces of fruit. Thatboy has become my go to fruit prep man.
No Pudge Brownie Shortcake
- 1 pkg No Pudge brownie mix
- fat free yogurt
- 1 container lite sour cream
- 1 cup cool whip, thawed
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- kiwi and strawberries, cut up
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare brownies according to mix and add 1/2 cup of the sour cream. Pour into greased and floured 9 inch cake pan.
- Bake 45 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix remaining sour cream, cool whip, sugar, and vanilla. Cut the cake into two layers and place bottom layer on plate. Spread layer with half of the sour cream mixture and top with the other layer. Cover with remaining sour cream and fruit.