Pages

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Game winning


I'm back! I bet most of you didn't know I was even gone - you just gotta love the new "schedule a future post" aspect of blogger. Now you never know if I'm here or there! It's good to be home, but it's hardly relaxing. And I don't expect relaxing for a couple more weeks, although I did get an email today which indicated that at least when relaxation does occur I'll have a couple weeks of it!

So the rules of the game are pretty simple - create a quick, easy, light summer dinner for one. While Thatboy is more than happy with a salad dinner, I don't think he really appreciates a salad meal the way I do. The crisp apples, crunchy almonds, sweet cranberries, spicy onions, and tangy cheese just tell me to pass go and collect $200. In other words, this one is a sure fire winner.


Cran-apple Salad
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 cup mixed greens
1/4 cup dried cranberries
sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles
1/2 green apple, diced
1/4 onion, sliced
favorite salad dressing

1) Combine almonds, greens, cranberries, blue cheese, apple, and onion.
2) Drizzle with dressing and toss.

10 comments:

  1. Looks so crisp, fresh and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. main dish salads for dinner during the summer are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my kind of salad! My Hubby would never eat it, but he's not a fruit in his salad kind of guy. Looks yummy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didnt know you could schedule a post... thanks for letting me know. This salad looks wonderfully crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt know you could schedule a post... thanks for letting me know. This salad looks wonderfully crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're so tricky! yummy salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my boys would shit their pants if I served salad for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How much dressing do you and your hubs use? Im new to cooking and you are such a crisp fresh rockstar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thatboy prefers his salads without dressing - it's something he's done ever since I met him when he used to eat a bowl of lettuce every day in the dorms.

    I don't really measure, but I give it a couple light swings over the salad. I call it a "drizzle" but that's not an exact cooking term. It's probably around a tablespoon.

    ReplyDelete