Pages

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Sunday Runday: My New Routine

So when I started my new job in May I lost my ability to take off from my office for a midday run.  I lost the ability to go for a run during the week at all!

In theory, I could get up early and run before work.  But that theory does not take into account the fact that on a GOOD night of sleep I get 5 hours and I don't really want to sacrifice even an extra minute!

So for the past 6 months I've been only running on the weekends.  And I feel the difference.  I don't have a problem with mileage, but my speed has significantly dropped.  Since I'm training for a half marathon in January, I decided it was really time to get back to business.

I worked out a new plan with Thatboy.  Up until last week, I was in charge of both drop offs and pick ups for the boys.  Since their respective school/daycare is near our home, and neither of us work near home, there was no real reason that I was in charge of both, except for the fact that it meant Thatboy could sleep later in the morning. 

Last week, we changed that.  Thatboy now gets up half an hour earlier and he drops the boys off before heading to work.  That one little difference means I could change my work hours.  I now get there an hour earlier and take off an hour earlier.  That extra hour means I can go for a run after work, and STILL pick the boys up early.

I'm loving the new schedule.  I love running after work.  My new job is smack dab in our old neighborhood, so I'm back to running streets I know. 



Streets that feel like my backyard. 


Streets lined with beautiful changing leaves!


So here's to the new!  Let's hope I stay this happy for at least the next two months!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great compromise! Hope your training continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah excellent! Figuring out a new workout schedule with a new job location is always tough. So glad you guys could make it work!

    ReplyDelete