Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Sunday Runday: 2015

This is going to be a very different running year for me than last year was.  A lot less races, and probably those that I run are going to be substantially slower.  My speed is already down 3 minutes per mile, which did not happen as early on last time!

My big running goal for the year is to run through the whole pregnancy.  Which is already proving to be more of a struggle than last time around.  The first time I was pregnant, I never felt pregnant.  I ran through the entire thing and felt great.  This time I spent the whole first trimester battling fatigue and breathing difficulties.  A major shout out to my running friends who put up with me trailing behind and slowing them down on our long weekend runs. 

What's funny, is even though I've been running less often this pregnancy, I've already run more races than I did the entire time I was pregnant last time.  We'll see how that works out.

My post-natal running plans include the Disneyland 10k, which should give me enough time to recover and train, but also is tradition.  Since my first race after my last pregnancy was the Tinkerbell half. 

Other than that, I'm trying to be flexible and open.  We'll see what happens this year!

2 comments:

  1. Obviously I have no real life experience with this, but just listen to your body! It knows what's best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that you are still running after knowing you are pregnant!!! Maybe I'm a little too paranoid with my pregnancy... Once I know that I was pregnant, I stopped all high impact exercise. Just slow walking like an old lady :p

    Please take care!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete