Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Mommy Mondays: 13 Months


Weight: 23lbs (+14bs 12oz) (leftover from 12 months)
Height: 32 inches (+10.5 inches) (leftover from 12 months)
Head: 18.4 inches (leftover from 12 months)


 
Sleep:  Still the same.  About one wakeup a night.  At the beginning of the month we were still having trouble with him refusing to sleep for hours, with Thatboy and I trading off.  He very dramatically thrashes and screams.   Towards the end of the month it's been better - just the wakeup without the stayups.

Eating: We tried to move Thatbaby on to whole milk, but he's not a huge fan, so I've been transitioning by mixing breast milk and whole milk.  I'm officially done pumping!  And I've been able to keep him on the breast milk this month because of my freezer stash.  As far as food goes though, his appetite is back to normal and he's putting away plenty of food.  He's especially loving watermelon and could eat his weight in it.

Best Moment: My best mommy moment was actually spending time away from the family for a night.  Sounds terrible, but so nice for a recharge.  Maybe my best Thatbaby moment though was watching him walk to me. 



Monthly Wisdom: This is my least favorite month.  13 months was a really difficult age for Thatkid and it's turning out to be the same for Thatbaby.  Maybe worse.  At this age, Thatkid was walking, had a couple words under his belt, and started sleeping through the night.  Thatbaby isn't doing any of those things.  My wisdom of this month is just to get through it.

Goals for the Upcoming Month:
- more sleep
- get Thatbaby more comfortable with walking
- survive another long road trip
- switch over to whole milk



Things Thatbaby is doing:
- taking some unsupported steps
- raises his arm when he wants to be picked up - all the time
- teething: another tooth this month
- lots and lots of pool time
- dancing whenever he hears music and clapping for his favorite songs

1 comment:

  1. I love that your best moment was a night away - I'm sure you 100% deserved every moment. Having time to recharge is important too!

    ReplyDelete