Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday Runday: March is rough

Last year in March I was in the middle of a huge trial, (and pregnant) so my mileage slipped.  I couldn't get out for runs during the week at all.

Fast forward one year, and even though I wasn't in trial, I certainly found myself busy once again.  Between work and travel, I've been getting in maybe one run a week during the week, and then a long run on the weekend.


Travel can complicate my training schedule.  We were in Arizona last weekend when I needed to get in 7 miles.

My original plan was to bang out my miles on the hotel treadmill.  But after a rough night Friday and Saturday with Thatbaby, Sunday morning found me rushing to get ready for breakfast with nary a mile behind me.  Aaaaaaannnd we were checking out of the hotel.

Sunday night wasn't much better.  Teething is so hard!  But Monday morning was my last day to get my miles in for the week.   So on very little sleep, I got up and headed out.


Toxicesq lives in a gated community, and Sunday night we spent looking over a map and trying to figure out miles.  It's always such fun to run in a new area.  I ended up running past a golf course, where I saw another woman on the cart path.  I decided to follow her.  Not in a creepy stalker way, in a "well if I get in trouble, she'll get in trouble first" kind of way.

It was a slow, beautiful, and hilly run.  It was also nice to get away from my screaming child for a bit.  Sometimes the runs are worth the lack of extra sleep.  And this weekend I get to do it all over again.  Kind of.  This time I'm guaranteed a treadmill, but not any more sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely tough! But then I think you should feel extra awesome about every mile you do manage to get in knowing that you're fighting against the odds.

    ReplyDelete