Pages

Friday, March 08, 2013

Tea for All!: Tri-tip with Green Chiles


Well folks, it has been one HECK of a week here at Thathouse. A week that has left me feeling worn down and worn out.

Which was why I was extra special thankful to have received this box of goodies from Traditional Medicinals.  I won the box from Cate - who used their Mother's Milk tea while she was breastfeeding.  Which is funny, because I used the same tea when I was pumping!


This is a serious box of awesome.  A wide variety of teas to combat all sorts of "what ails ya."  I made a little bundle for L&O when she was feeling under the weather.  Thatboy has been having some of the echinacea plus almost every night.  And I've been dipping a little here, a little there.  On top of that, they packed in a nice, heavy mug, and a reuseable shopping bag!

My other solution to a long week is a super easy dinner.  I know I've already told you about my newfound love for Trader Joe's Tri-tip.  Already seasoned, ready to go, and big enough for several meals.  So for a super easy meal, all I have to do is chop it up, cook with some garlic and chiles, and toss it with some egg noodles. 

Tri-tip with Green Chiles
8 oz egg noodles
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic
4 oz diced green chiles
2 cups diced cooked steak
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
  2. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.  Add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
  3. Add the chiles and steak and saute until warmed through.
  4. Add the cooked noodles to the skillet and toss to coat.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks super comforting & I like the addition of the green chiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget how comforting a nice cup of tea can be. I need to incorporate more into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was unaware of this magic TJ's tri tip. Guess who is going to TJ's today! Need to check out this mothers milk tea as well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cup of tea is the perfect remedy for situations as this one! The food looks comforting and yummy!

    ReplyDelete