Pages

Monday, March 04, 2013

Mommy Mondays: 17 Months


 
 
(Leftover from 15 months)
Weight: 24lbs 8oz (+ 17 lbs, 1 oz)
Height: 32" (+ 12")
Head: 18.75" (+ 5.45")


 
Sleep:  We've hit a pretty smooth spot with sleeping - that makes it much easier for me to get out in the morning for my runs, but probably not as great for Thatboy.  He manages to wake right after I leave for my run in the morning, which means we both get a full night's sleep, but Thatboy ends up waking earlier than he'd really like.  I'm lucky he's such a good sport about it!

Eating: Eating is pretty much the same - still eating everything but green leafy vegetables.  He also added in an extra nursing session in the mornings for some reason.  I'm thinking growth spurt because he has grown SO much in the past month.  We're already transitioning him into 18-24 month clothing, something I thought we wouldn't be doing for another 2 months!

Best Moment: Thatbaby has started singing.  I LOVE IT.  Most of the time he sings his own non-recognizable song that has a lot of bluh-blah-bluhs.  But he also sings along with a couple of songs we sing to him.  He has his "parts."


 
Monthly Wisdom: This has been such a fun month.  Thatbaby is a total goon, and I love every moment of it.  I love when he puts random things on his head and calls them "hats."  I love when he spins himself around until he gets dizzy and falls down.  I love when he crawls around, pretending to be a dog.  I love that he has such a sense of humor.  He loves being silly, and he loves having fun.  And I nurture that as best as I'm able.  I let him run like a goofball, splash in the tub, and anything he wants that doesn't result in the possibility of grave bodily injury.  Because this is his time to be a kid!

Goals for the Upcoming Month:
- Still the babysitter. One day... one day.
- Survive another plane ride and visit with the inlaws!

Things Thatbaby is doing:
-  More new words!  His vocabulary continues to grow.
- Thatbaby is able to recognize himself and his daycare buddies in a book that daycare sent home.  He attempts to say their names, and knows his own name, although he still has a tough time saying it.
- Another new tooth, we've got 11!
- Thatbaby now signs "food" when he wants a snack.
- Singing.  As said above, he loves when we sing to him, and he likes to sing along to certain songs.
- Soccer!  Thatbaby dribbles a ball by kicking it, something Thatboy couldn't be prouder of.
- Thatbaby loves his stripey cat stuffed animal and can be found carrying it around from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. I love that his sense of humor is shining through! He's a real person now!

    ReplyDelete