Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Mommy Mondays: Game Night

Evenings round here are usually a mess.  A rush from school and work, to dinner, bath and bed.

The kids are usually tired, and cranky,  and wound up,  and trying to kill each other.  It's not my favorite time of day.

I'm trying to change that though. I'm sure time will play a big part, because I do teenager nice family dinners from my childhood, albeit not when I was 5 or 2.

One night a week we do movie night,  having dinner in front of the television where no one is forced to touch or talk to anyone. .. for at least 20 minutes before Thatbaby starts losing  interest.

One other night? 2018 is the year of Game Night.


Dinner around the coffee table where we play Candyland, Fishing,  dinosaur bingo,  Sorry, and lots of other games.

There's no fighting, no crying, and we actually enjoy each other's company.


For up to 20 minutes, when Thatbaby loses interest.

1 comment:

  1. Dinner time is definitely one of my least favorite times of day. Remy eats nothing! Even with tv on! I just need to give up hoping she's actually ever going to eat any of the food I make lol.

    ReplyDelete