Pages

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Crave Wednesday: Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches


I can't believe it's been a week since Valentine's Day.  I swear it was yesterday. And I know if I blink, it's going to be right around the corner again.


We ended up having a really nice and relaxing day.  I prepped breakfast the day before, so in the morning I just needed to make some cocoa and plate!


Typically, the boys each get a Valentine's Day book.  This year I picked up a couple other little things for them too.


 Thatkid has been very into making Valentines this year. Thatboy helped both kids make cards for me.


 Apparently, every year Thatboy brings me Irises on Valentine's Day.  And because I'm a terrible wife,  I didn't even realize.  I only found out because he apologized for just bringing a "regular" bouquet home for me.


 He also apologized for failing to find a Valentine's Day card.  But they did have birthday cards at the store he was at,  so he brought one of those instead.


For dinner, we headed out.  Which is always a gamble on Valentine's Day.  But there's a restaurant near us that provides babysitting while you dine, and being able to have adult conversation during dinner is the most romantic thing I can think of.  You can see into the playroom behind us in this picture.


 They take care of your kids, give them things to play with,  art to create, and they even feed them dinner.


 We brought the boys to the table to share dessert with us, because it's not Valentine's Day without a sweet treat.

Which is what I'm sharing with you today.  Chocolate cookies,  filled with ice cream. I mean,  you don't HAVE to fill them with ice cream.  They're chocolate cookies, they're fantastic on their own.  But if you've got chocolate cookies and ice cream,  why wouldn't you combine them?

Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches (from Cooking Light) 
1 cup flour 
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark brown sugar 
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 egg whites 
2 1/4 cups cookies and cream light ice cream

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. 
  2. Place brown sugar and butter in an electric mixer.  Beat at medium until creamy. 
  3. Gradually add sugar, beating well. 
  4. Add cocoa and egg whites, beating well. 
  5. Gradually add flour, beating well. Drop by funded teaspoonsful 1 1/2 inches apart on bashing sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on pan 2 minute,  remove from pan and cool on wire rack. 
  6. Spread 2 Tbsp of ice cream on flat side of 18 cookies,  top each with another cookie and freeze for 2 hours. 

2 comments: