Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday Runday: Gifts for Runners

I'm really trying to get on the ball here this year.  Every year I think about doing a little gift guide, and every year I realize it's too late.

Now that it is officially the Christmas Season (because I refuse to acknowledge it before Thanksgiving) here are my favorite running related gifts, or gifts for your favorite runner.



Shoes - because let's face it, every runner uses them, and every runner goes through them.  I don't think there's such as thing as too many shoes.


iTunes Gift Cards - because good music makes you run faster.  It's proven.  Somewhere.



Warm running duds - I use the holidays as an excuse to stock up on my winter running gear.  Or get friends and family to do the same!  Running jackets and sweatshirts, long sleeved shirts, and running tights.  And yes, I know it's California, but it was 35 degrees the other morning when I left the house.  It gets cold!



Bib/Medal Holder - Thatboy got me this last year and I love love love it.  It's the best idea for your loved one who loves to race.  It keeps all your bibs and medals in a place, but also gives you the ability to show them off.

Race Entries - This is my all time favorite gift.  Because race fees add up.  And I always feel guilty about the costs involved.  So getting an entry as a gift helps cut down on the money I spend, and my guilt!

Earbuds - Maybe this is just me, but I go through these.  Yearly.  Or more often.  Last year I went through 2.  I blame it partially on the fact that I hold my phone when I run, which I think messes with the wiring.  But my latest pair didn't have wiring issues, the over-ear piece came off!  So maybe I'm just hard on them.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... You are right! I love to have these gifts for my Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE getting new running clothes...more than I like getting regular clothes!

    ReplyDelete