Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fun With Puff Pastry

 
 
This post is the exact opposite of the last one.  Which should let you know I'm reaching into the archives right now.  Back when I had some free time, I whipped up a batch of puff pastry.  Puff pastry is one of the most delicious things in the world, and one of the most disgusting to make.  Because really, using the insane amounts of butter makes you question whether or not this is a good idea.



Not too much though.  Because how can you question something so buttery, flakey, and mouth watering?



Once I had the puff pastry made, I used it in some pretty simple ways.  First I cut it into strips, rolled it and baked it to create horns which I filled with whipped cream.

And then sprinkled the rest with sugar and rolled it into little palmiers.  These were a big hit, because they're just so easy to eat!  

3 comments:

  1. What food item ISN'T better with butter (or cream, or cheese, or bacon?)
    I might try those little palmiers - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness -- you made your own puff pastry?!? Love it. How difficult was it? Was it way better tasting than store bought? Bet so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You MADE puff pastry?! I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete