Pages

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Teriyaki - not just for chicken



I'll be the first to admit it, chicken and teriyaki go together like peanut butter and jelly. And I fall back quite often on making an easy lunch by tossing together some chicken and teriyaki sauce.

But teriyaki works equally as well with that leftover steak you've got in the freezer just begging to be used. Yup, that's right - I'm trying to use up freezer foods again! Mostly because I'm in the process of another "new mom" batch of food and I need all the freezer space I can get. Between making my new mom food, and the fact that TWO of my coworkers have birthdays this week, I'm also falling back on whatever I can make quickly for Thatboy and I to eat. Yes, sometimes we suffer so others can benefit. We're good sports. Although it is easy to be a good sport when you get something warm and filling in your stomach.

This is also another one of those "fill up with veggies" meals. I was able to use a small piece of steak to feed both Thatboy and I by adding a ton of fresh vegetables into the mix. It's the perfect trick to keep a meal light while leaving you satisfied.



Teriyaki Beef
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 cups of your favorite veggies
1/4 lb sirloin steak, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 tsp crushed ginger
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
  1. Heat oil over medium high heat. Add veggies, stirfry for 5 minutes.
  2. Add steak and cook until meat is cooked through.
  3. Stir in ginger and cook for 1 minute.
  4. Stir in teriyaki sauce and cook until the sauce is heated.

6 comments:

  1. This would be perfect for weeknight dinners in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be entirely happy with this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vegetables you chose. They are the colors to spark up the dish. They also are a great taste maker/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love teriyaki--I'll eat it with any meat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - it's a perfect fallback meal when you need something quick and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love teriyaki (almost) anything. yum!

    ReplyDelete