Pages

Thursday, December 03, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like.....

Tonight after work Thatboy began what will go down in the history books as "preparation for the holidays weekend." Technically I started it earlier when I started creating my "Christmas Mix." It's something I've been known for since college, and although it's never been as large a selection as when I was in college, this year we're at 300 songs. The roadtrip later this month is going to be SO much fun.

Tonight we went and picked out our Christmas tree. The best part about being married to a Jewish girl is that there are no fights about Christmas. I leave it entirely in Thatboy's hands. Thatboy grew up with real Christmas trees, so we have always gone out to get real Christmas trees.



We packed up Thatdog and headed to our local lot (that does free delivery - score!) We love the people here, and Thatdog loves running around the lot.




This is Thatdog impersonating a deer in headlights. We call this his "goat ears" look. I have no idea why he does this with his ears whenever we try to take his picture.



I picked out three trees which Thatboy vetoed. Then he picked out a 9 footer, which I vetoed. Eventually we found this guy! See how the light above looks like a tree topper?



Now look how the light above looks like a Thatboy topper!



All picked out, they wrapped up our tree and we headed home to make dinner and wait for the delivery.



Decorating the tree is a whole event in itself and will be done some night this weekend - complete with movies and hot chocolate! But Thatboy just can't wait and as soon as the tree came he had to put the lights on it.


While he got to work on the tree, I got to work on dinner - the ugliest chicken ever. It's an easy recipe, but yields a less than attractive result. At least it tastes delicious! And it's red - perfect for our pre-holiday festivities.


Salsa Chicken
  • 1 Tbsp canola oil
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1/2 jar of your favorite salsa
  1. Heat oil over medium high heat. Cook the chicken 5 minutes per side, until brown.
  2. Add salsa to chicken and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 5 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this time of year. For years, we always had a fake tree and never had any lights on the house. Starting last year, Jim indulges me and we get a real tree and he puts up the lights on the house Thanksgiving weekend. It helps that he used to get paid to do houses in his neighborhood when he was younger, so he's sort of a pro at this point. :)

    Okay, so what are your favorite Christmas songs. Please feel free to make this answer a post in and of itself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for xmas trees! We got ours last weekend--we bought the first one they sold. :) Sammy had a fit until I put a star on it so it sat all weekend with lights and a star until my friend got into town for serious decorating (and hot chocolate and cookies of course, duh!).

    I love the holidays. :) My ipod holiday mix is at about 560 songs....

    ReplyDelete