Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beef - It's What's For Dinner

Boy I am full of addendums lately. All those requests for the pizza roll recipe? Ask and you shall receive. I added it into the post. Frankly, it's less of a recipe than just making a pizza, rolling it up, and baking it, so I was a little surprised by the clamour, but what do I know?

Okay onto the new stuff. I've already bragged about how fantastic Thatboy is at accepting our limited ground beef intake. He's a surefire trouper at not complaining when I substitute ground turkey in things he's used to eating with ground round. You may also recall that he was less than thrilled with the last turkey burger I made. So I thought maybe I would make him a little "Thank You" burger. Out of beef.

I don't play around as much with beef burgers. Something about letting the beefiness shine through. Just a little seasoning, and a lot of meat. Inspired by our Starlite burger, I didn't top these with any salad fixings either. Just meat and a bun. Manfood.




Beefy Manburger
  • 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 1/4 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1 tsp lemon pepper
  • 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
  1. Mix ground beef, onion, seasonings, and worcestershire sauce in bowl. Shape into 2 patties.
  2. Heat grill pan on medium high heat. Grill burgers 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.

4 comments:

  1. I am soo craving for a burger right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh - I hope you submit this to my weekly Burger Bunday! I'd love to feature your recipe and blog! (You can email it to me at itsjoelen@gmail.com and I'll include it in my Burger Bunday post on Sunday!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way and sub in ground turkey whenever possible, but burgers are one place that turkey just can't cut it. Your burger looks juicy and fantastic!

    ReplyDelete