Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

She once had me


Merry Christmas everyone! This is a special note from Thatdog to remind you not to forget about your four legged family members this holiday season. I'm lucky, because Thatgirl and Thatboy never forget about me. They always ensure there are loads of special treats for me. Most of the time they hide these treats in what they call the "garbage can" which means I have to work a little bit for my rewards. Unfortunately, there's something wrong with my super secret hiding spot where I like to bury my "garbage can" treats. I hide them between the couch cushions, but when I go back to find them, they've mysteriously disappeared.

Around the holidays though, Thatgirl spends a lot of time in the kitchen. And I get to help out. I love to position myself right at the edge of the kitchen. Close enough where she can see me patiently waiting, but far enough away where I don't have to worry about the hot oven things or the knives she's always dropping.

When I've been an especially good boy, Thatgirl gives me some of her extra special treats. She makes a lot of my treats herself, because she says that way she knows what I'm eating. These treats are so yummy, that she and Thatboy sneak them too! This time when she made them, she coated half of them in coconut especially for the two of them. She explained to me that while coconut probably is okay for me to eat, the kind she had was sweetened and she doesn't like me having sweetened foods. The honey in these treats make them sweet enough for me anyway.

So remember, little furry friends give you their love year round. Don't forget them this time of year in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. A treat here, a new toy there, maybe even a warm new sweater!


Thatdog's Holiday Balls
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup wheat germ
  1. Combine all ingredients until well mixed.
  2. Roll into small balls.
  3. If for two legged consumption, roll the balls in coconut or chocolate chips.

11 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about eating dog balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either. LoL I am sure Thatboy would say that only means more for him!

    Kate, I am jealous of your being able to have a dog. No way can I have one in my apt. and being gone so much, no one would be here for a pet. :-(

    Glad you take good care of Thatboy.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterical! Once upon a time Finnegan hung out in the kitchen like that--but then Delilah came along and booted him out of the kitchen--she is Kitchen Dog.

    Probably part of why Finnegan is so neurotic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn...now you've done it - my dogs hang out with me near the computer and both of them gave me what for. They said "if Thatdog gets such great treats, like mom, what's the matter with you...don't you love us...hmmmmm" (insert sad dog eyes here). Alright already - I'll make them for you.
    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound like really good people food :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. snicker. Holiday balls. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. merry christmas to thatdog. may you have many, many dog balls during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aawww, what a lucky puppy. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, I don't think I'd eat doggie food, even if made with known ingredients. However, it looks like it's a good treat for Thatdog!

    ReplyDelete