Pages

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

People tell me I'm lucky



No matter how great a time I have when I'm away, there's always something so nice about coming back home! Even though the weather here is getting colder, it's still not nearly as cold as where we were, and being away makes me crave homey comforts. I love that the weather is cold enough to use our fireplace every night, and I love making food that sticks to the stomach and ribs. While we are a chicken family, I find we eat a lot more red meat in the winter - it just feels heavier and warmer for some reason.

It gets dark so early now that by the time Thatboy and I eat dinner, it is often lit only by firelight and the warm glow of the television. And it's just so cuddly to have a warm stewy dinner by the fire!
Sherried Beef
  • 1 lb lean beef stewing meat
  • 1/4 cup sherry
  • 1/2 pkg onion soup mix

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in ovenproof pot and cover.
  2. Cook for 2.5 hours.
Serves 2.
Each serving has:

Calories 451.1
Total Fat 16.2 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg
Sodium 930.4 mg
Potassium 973.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
Protein 53.8 g


And for dessert - Monster cupcakes! Inspired by Avenue Q!

7 comments: