Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Blue Cheese Burgers


My family loves fast food.  Me?  Not so much.  There's just nothing appealing to me about thin, flat burgers which taste more of salt than meat.  This is especially blasphemous in the land of "In N Out," which is proclaimed as heads and tails above all other fast food.  Spoiler alert guys - it all tastes the same to me.

And fast food cheeseburgers?  Thin flat patties topped with a slice of processed cheese-like product?  No thank you.

When I want a hamburger, fast food just doesn't cut it.  I'm more than happy to go to a sit down burger restaurant, or a restaurant with fantastic burgers (funnily enough the best burger in town is at the fancy French restaurant!), or even just make it at home.

And when I make burgers at home, I can make cheeseburgers with a much better meat to cheese ratio. 

How do you get that ratio you ask?  Well I'll tell you - you mix the cheese in with the ground beef!  This means with every bite, you're getting just the right amount of meat and cheese.  For the kids, I like to use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella (sometimes they complain that just cheddar is TOO cheesy - ha!  Like that's a thing.)  But for the grownups?  There's nothing like a good blue cheese burger.

Blue Cheese Burger
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp Franks Red Hot 
1 tsp salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp butter
4 buns, toasted
  1.  Combine the ground beef, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and garlic in a large bowl.
  2.  Form into 4 patties.
  3. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Sear the burgers 1 minute on each side until browned.  
  4. Lower the heat to medium and cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare.
  5. Serve on toasted buns.

1 comment:

  1. This is how I feel about most food..but DEFINITELY about veggie burgers!!

    ReplyDelete