Pages

Sunday, July 07, 2019

Sunday Runday: Strawberry Run


After last year, I was ready to skip the Strawberry Run.  I was not impressed with the old 10k course.  But Thatkid asked if he could run it with me.  It's not an easy 10k course, so I didn't think it would be ideal for his first 10k.  Instead I told him I'd run the 5k with him instead.  And once he found out his brother and I were running, Thatbaby wanted to run the kids race again this year too.  Looks like we were all in.

Since the 5k starts later than the 10k, we could get there later.  I almost didn't know what to do with myself!

Thatbaby immediately went looking for his mascot buddy.


And then he headed off to breakfast with Thatboy while Thatkid and I headed to the start line.  Almost as soon as we started to run, it started to rain.  Oh goody!


The 5k course was much easier than the 10k one, so it was nice for me.  I decided to implement a run/walk with Thatkid, 5 minutes of running, 90 seconds of walking.  He really liked it, and even though it was not one of his faster races, there was less complaining.  

The last bit though he always likes to run, all the way through to the finish.


We got our medals and strawberries and met up with the other two who were waiting for us at the finish.


And then we traded out.  Thatboy took Thatkid to breakfast, while I brought Thatbaby over to the kids' race.

Thatbaby calls these our "ready faces."




Luckily the rain had stopped before the kids' races.  He had so much fun during the run.


And I very much enjoyed the beer garden, as usual.  This time around I went with Twisted Horn's Elder's Mead with Strawberry and Serano.  There's nothing I let better than a good mix of sweet and spicy.




I'm glad we got to do the race again, it's nice to have a family activity both kids can participate in.  


1 comment:

  1. I really feel like all races would be improved with a beer garden at the end.

    ReplyDelete