Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday Runday: What's New?

I was realizing the other day that this year has been pretty boring in terms of runs/running/races. BUT I have been using this time to renew and replace.  Which is kinda exciting, right?

So I figured this was a good time to update on these new products that have found there way into my life, and my thoughts on them.


S  A Cell wireless magnetic bluetooth earbuds - You guys, I have the hardest time with earbuds/headphones.  Wireless/nonwireless, I just can't seem to find a pair I love.  I'm going through them like tissues.  This year alone I've had 2 pair stop working, 2 pair break, and a pair that was just...not good.  I got these on Amazon prime day and I'm not sold yet.  I like the wireless feature and they fit well, but I don't love the magnetic aspect of them.  Which I thought I was going to love.  But if they aren't magnetically connected, it just drains the battery.  Plus I find the reception to be spotty.  Like they're not receiving the bluetooth signal from my phone which is less than a foot away.


Nike Free RN Flyknit -  I love these shoes!  UDubb has been instrumental in hooking me up with sneakers, but my go-to shoe was discontinued a couple years back.  UDubb picked these ones out for me, and they are my new favorite.  So when my old pair started wearing down, I picked up this year's model.  I don't like to recommend shoes, because everyone's foot and stride is different, and what works for one won't work for another.  So let me just say that they work for me!



One of the perks of the Craft Classic 5k was their sock trade in.  It was the first race I've ever run that did this, but I love the idea.  After the race we gave them our old, sweaty socks, and they gave us a new pair.  The only problem is that I didn't get the brand, which is nowhere on the sock.  And this is a problem because I love these socks!  They're thin, sweat wicking, and super comfortable for long runs.  I pretty much destroyed them on my trail run, but my feet were in great shape.


Chantelle Sports Bra - I've been a Moving Comfort girl for....7 years?  But with the recent buyout by Brooks, I've found the bras have changed a bit.  I thought it might be time to branch out and try something new.  I'd heard good things about Chantelle as a brand for women with...more up top and they definitely delivered.  I like the lift, separation and support.  I also like the fact there's no difficulty in putting it on.  And BONUS, the top converts from regular straps to racer back, which is extra nice if you have a variety of styles in your running tops.



So what's new in your world?  Anything new to recommend?  Want to tell me about your earbuds which are comfortable, dependable, and last for longer than a month?

1 comment:

  1. YES, I need a new sports bra! I don't even know what size my boobs are but they are definitely not what they used to be. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete