Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Mommy Mondays: 6 Months


Weight: 16lbs 14 oz (+8lbs 10oz)
 Height: 27.75 inches (+6.25 inches)
 Head: 17 inches


Sleep:  I see the light at the end of the tunnel!  Currently our biggest issue is getting him to stay down for the night.  He does not want to do that.  He's up for hours before finally falling asleep.  Once he finally gets there he's been only waking up once.  And then again right after I wake up in the morning.  I had one night where I got 6 hours of sleep straight!

Eating: We introduced solids!  We're doing BLW again and Thatbaby is loving food.  He dove right in and shoves his mouth full of food.  Of course, most of it still falls out, but he certainly has vigor about it!  His favorite food right now is latkes, followed by meats, then vegetables, then fruit.  Although he is also a fan of pancakes and toast.

Best Moment: Decorating the tree with the whole family.  Well, the actual decorating was after Thatbaby was in bed.  But I did love showing him the result the next morning.  And watching Thatboy point out the lights and ornaments to him.




Monthly Wisdom: I'm really looking forward to the future.  We're not planning on having any more kids, and when I was pregnant, I was so looking forward to the newborn stage - that quiet, immobile, stage.  Full of tiny baby cuddles.  But I can't help it.  I'm so excited for Thatbaby to get to experience things, which won't happen until he's older.  And excited for us to have more family moments.  Plus I'm excited to sleep again at night.  But 6 months is such a turning point.  And I'm looking forward to it!   This is when we move from a fussy baby to a little guy with "real people" personality.

Goals for the Upcoming Month:
- More solids
- Work on baby signs.  We've started, and for the life of me I can't remember when I started with Thatkid. 
- Survive another family vacation.
- Survive a visit from the inlaws

Things Thatbaby is doing:
-CLIMBING.  UGH.  I was not expecting this since Thatkid never did it, but Thatbaby has started pulling himself up on his crib, his music table - anything he can.  He can't figure out what to do once he gets to the top, so usually he hangs out until he falls over.
-Eating real food
 -Getting on all fours.  Once he's there, he can't figure out what to do, so he usually hangs our until he falls over.
- Moving.  I don't even know how he does it, but he will end up across the rug from where I placed him.
- Crying and reaching for me when I'm not holding him.
- Lots of babbling.
- Loves modulating his voice with my finger up and down on his lips.




1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, it's almost over. They look beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete