Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cucumber Salad


We're very into cucumbers lately.  It's one of those vegetables that Thatbaby can't get enough of, and Thatboy and I enjoy equally.  Cucumber seems flavorless, but there's something about their cool, fresh taste.  I think of them as a very summery vegetable.  Like the veggie version of watermelon.  I add a little tang to them for the spring - the vinegar gives them a bit of a kick.


The fun thing about this cucumber salad in particular is Thatbaby helped make it.  If by "helped" I mean he stood beside me while I sliced cucumbers and onions, picking them up and eating them before they made it into the bowl.  Yes, even the onions.  Apparently he likes a little bit of a kick too.

Cucumber Salad
2 cucumbers, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil
  1. Combine cucumbers and onions in a medium bowl.
  2. In a separate, small bowl, combine vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic, sugar, and olive oil.
  3. Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumbers and onions and toss to mix.  Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Simple yet very tasty. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cucumbers are the.boy's favorite also! Must remember for when his mother gives us a bazillion from her garden this summer.

    ReplyDelete