Pages

Monday, March 03, 2014

Mommy Mondays: A Snapshot of Winning Parenting

On Friday night, Thatbaby and Thatboy were playing in Thatbaby's room.  Thatbaby came running out to the living room where I was.

TB: Mama, Dada needs another beer.
Me: Ask Dada if his legs are broken.

I laughed as he ran back to his bedroom and I heard him inquire "Dada, you legs broken?"  I could hear Thatboy laugh too.

And then my sweet little boy said.  "I get you beer dada."  And he ran to the fridge and brought a beer to Thatboy.

I share this story for a couple of reasons. The first is because it's a pretty good snapshot of our lives.  But more importantly, it's an illustration.  An illustration that life isn't always perfect.  That no matter how hard you try to teach your child the alphabet, more often than not they're picking up the things you don't intend to teach them. 

3 comments: