Pages

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Groundhog's Day

Growing up in Western Pennsylvania, Groundhog's Day was a given.  You woke up and watched Phil make his prediction and fully believed it.

Since moving to California, Groundhog's Day has officially fallen off my radar.  It is barely acknowledged here.  So you can imagine my surprise when I picked Thatbaby up from school last week to find they had been talking about groundhogs, singing songs about groundhogs, and learning all about Groundhog's Day!

So obviously on Sunday we had to watch Punxatawny Phil make his prediction.

Did you watch?  I don't want to spoil anything, but it sounds like we're in for 6 more weeks of winter.  I'm hoping this means California gets some much needed rain!

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for Cali rain also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've heard the news Kate! Winter has been so mean to you there!

    ReplyDelete