Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Feel Good Weekend



We did a pretty good job of staying in this weekend and trying to get healthy.  On Saturday I even napped!  (I can't remember the last time I did that.)  During one of Thatbaby's naps, Thatboy and I each grabbed a corner of the couch and conked out. 

The only time we left the house was to run errands - has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a neverending list of things that need to be done on the weekends?  Luckily all our errands could be done in one shopping center. 

That shopping center just so happened to be doing their Easter Celebration this weekend.  Kids brought baskets and went "Easter egg hunting" in every store in the center.  Thatbaby didn't miss out on the fun as the store employees made sure he got his share of eggs.



The rest of the time we just tried our best to rest.  And I made sure we got our fill of comfort food.  Like my favorite - chili!  Chili always makes me feel better.  Luckily it seemed to fit in really well with the colder weather, although I know that my chili-days are near an end as the weather just has to get warmer soon.  Now that it's almost April. 

Until then fill up and feel better!


Black Bean Chili
1 lb sausage
1 lb ground beef
1 can chili hot beans
1 can black beans
4 oz tomato paste
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2  jalapenos, seeded and diced
1 1/4 Tbsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp onion salt
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Bay leaf
2 Cups Water
1 1/2 Tbsp tabasco
1/2-2 Tbsp chili powder
Salt and pepper


  1. Cook the sausage and beef in a skillet until browned.  Set aside.
  2. Add 1 Tbsp butter to skillet and cook onion, carrots, and celery until the onion is translucent.  Remove from heat.
  3. In a large pot combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your relaxing weekend finds you rested and feeling is true comfort food!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true...I always think I have so much time on the weekend and then I realize I have five million errands to run! There's always time for chili though! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds AMAZING! I want it right now, ha ha!
    Oooh the errands are NEVER ENDING! I just want one weekend where we don't have one single obligation. That would be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete