Pages

Monday, November 02, 2009

Wedding in the Woods

Saturday morning we did not wake bright and early. At 11:00, Thatboy turned to me and said "Don't be mad...but it's 11:00" I wasn't mad, but it did kind of jolt me up. I called Thatmom and we decided we'd have to wake Thatbrother up too, since he tends to take a while to get ready. I volunteered to make the call. And sure enough...he was sleeping too. We showered and stumbled across the street to get some food before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.

Although the weather in Atlanta has been wet wet wet, the skies cleared up for First's wedding, allowing us to really appreciate the gorgeous setting Mother Nature provided.





Thatboy finally understood what I've been saying when I tell him the leaves don't change color in California.






Even though he claims to be from the land of forests, he's never seen woods like this before.\




But enough of the scenery - it's time for First to get hitched!



He looks a bit nervous, no?



First Child starting walking down the aisle so perfectly, but about halfway down she got stage fright, screamed "DADDY" and ran the rest of the way, leaping into First's arms.




Hmmmm it looks like First might have spotted something important. I know most people turn to see the bride, but I always love watching the groom's first look.



And what a look! How gorgeous does First Wife look?



Even though it wasn't raining, it was FREEZING out. I loved watching how First kept his arm around First Wife almost the entire ceremony.



My Great Aunt (First's Grandmother) gave a reading to the almost newlyweds.



And then it was time for the kiss!



I totally remember this move - it's called the "whee we're married" run down the aisle.



They settled down once we got inside where it was warm.



And the autumn leaves followed us in.



My favorite memory from my own wedding is the ceremony because it felt like Thatboy and I were the only two people in the world. I get the feeling First and First Wife experienced that feeling in their first dance.

Here's to many many happy years to First and my brand new cousin! (It's nice to have another girl since almost all my cousins are guys)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful ceremony and such memories in the making. Thanks for sharing this special day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, sorry for laughing at you but I told you it was cool here. And the really funny thing is that it had warmed up a good bit while you were here.

    And the leaves...even more glorious this week!

    I am so glad it didn't rain on the wedding though, I was really concerned for you on that count. It has rained the last few days and I am so SICK of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to First and his new bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the new couple! What a beautiful wedding they had!

    ReplyDelete