Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Awwwww shucks

There's an old saying that goes something like "If seven people tell you you're drunk, lie down." The point of the saying is that the more people tell you something, the more likely it's true. Well I may not have seven, but this past week three people have told me I made their day. Kayte, Cara, and Joelen have each passed on the "you make my day" award to little ole me!



It's really flattering and I'd love to protest the award, but "if three people tell you you make their day, accept and say thank you." So instead of protesting I will just say how thankful I am that three women who make my day say that I make theirs. In turn I will tell you 10 (10? Really Kayte????) peeps who make my day.

Kylee brings her down under sensibilities (you'll have to check out her blog to see what I mean) to American cuisine all for the benefit of her food loving husband. A woman after my own heart!

I love reading Joy's blog because she doesn't pull any punches. Her life has its ups and downs and yet she grimaces and bears it. Its nice to see other people going through the same things I do!

I had the good fortune of meeting Alyssa at a blog party and was instantly struck by how pretty she was. Of course, prettiness is the entrance into my circle of friendship and I began reading her blog regularly. Her adventures with her husband give me the best ideas for things I'd like to do with Jon.

I don't think we'll ever live in NYC. As much as I love to visit, it's just too much of a city for me. However, I love to live vicariously through Sarah as she navigates the open air markets and fantastic restaurants! Plus she's pretty much living my dream - or she will be once she becomes a famous actress ;-)

There are some people who make you feel completely inadequate. Not in a bad way, but just because they are so stupendous. That's how foodiebride is for me. I always know I can count on her for a recipe and know it will never come out as good as when she makes it!

I talk about Amber a lot to Jon. All the time. I think he thinks she must be a sister of mine he didn't know about. And in a way, she is. I'm constantly surprised at how creepily similar our background and experiences are. I feel like I've known her forever!

And just because you can't have one Amber without the other.....One of the first conversations I had with Amber was an online conversation where I told her she reminded me of the cool girls in school. Her response was that I made her day. Since then she has made my day on numerous occasions, whether by answering a question, or just making me feel like one of the cool girls with her.

I definitely consider myself a cook and not a baker. Baking intimidates me because of the precision needed. However just because I'm not a baker doesn't mean I don't drool over each and every post of Peabody's. And lucky for me, she's just as nice as she is talented!

I'll let you guys in on a little secret.....my mom reads this blog. Too embarrassed to post comments after I called her out for being too "mom-ish" she nevertheless sends me emails about posts. She also sends me e-cards for no reason at all. It reminds me of the notes she used to stick in my lunch when I was growing up. They always seem to come at just the right time.

Bean is probably sick of me or thinks I'm a crazy stalker, but if anyone deserves this award, its her. She's always posting such flattering things about me that it makes me feel like I must have a talking mirror. (I am the fairest in the land).

18 comments:

  1. I am delighted that your mom reads your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my day on an almost daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stalker, hell no! I regularly make reference to you to my hubby as "my cooking buddy on the left coast!" I maintain that we need to live closer to be real life buddies- I think we could start some fantastic trouble together.

    But it's not fair, if I had gotten this first, you totally would have gotten this right back from me! Thanks anyway dollface!

    And you're wrong, I'm the fairest. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom reads my blog too. to tell you the truth, it's how she knows what's going on in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I KNOW!! 10 is a lot, right?

    anyway, your posts always make me laugh. i love the way you write. it's like i can hear you talking in my head. i especially love all of your underwear posts. seriously! i've gone out and made underwear purchases based on your recommendations! you rock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make my daily constantly and I love love love that your mom reads. Comment, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you little sneak! Good day to tell me? Are you reading my mind? 8) Tonight, feeling this anxiety over the days events, I fell asleep almost before Idol was over (I was too tired to hear them sing! Don't ask who did well!). Today has been crazy.

    So, I open up my blog, disorientated from sleeping the last three hours and I read your comment of making your day! That made my day.

    Thank you friend! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so awesome! Thank you for passing the award on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when people link awesome blogs..

    I now have some new reads!

    [Waving to Kate's Momma]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you've already got it , but I'm also giving you this award (see my blog), don't feel that you have to pick more people

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...I feel like I walked into a hug fest :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, that is so very sweet! And I am quite sure there is a baker in there somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah man, i'm sorta tearing up here.[blushing]

    you know the feeling is mutual girlie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your kind words! When I read this, you totally made my day! I'm responding late, but I read it shortly after you posted. Thank you again!! It's an honor to be listed among the other bloggers that make your day :) Look forward to another blog-fest soon! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you!! You have made my day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so cute about your mom! The award is very well deserved. Awww...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Only a few months late... I only just saw this!

    Thanks! downunder indeed.

    :)

    ReplyDelete